Frag 13 Tournament Rules
Player must register as BYOC (Bring Your Own Computer) to compete in League of Legends.
● Accounts used for tournaments must belong to the player. Borrowed accounts are not allowed.
● Players with an account that is banned/suspended at the time of registration / competition are ineligible to participate in the tournament.
● Players and team coordinators may not sign up with more than one team.
● Matches will take place in a round robin.
● A maximum of 12 teams will be permitted in the tournament. Priority is given on a first come first serve basis. Any additional teams will be added to a waiting list, and will fill in for absent teams.
● There will be 6 teams in each group.
● Round Robin matches will be played against each team in the group. You will play two games each against the other five teams in your group. Alternating Blue/Purple side. If you can not agree on a side for game one, visit the admin’s station to engage
in a coin toss to decide.
● Semi finals and Grand Finals for Frag will be played in a Best-of-3.
● All matches will be played on Saturday, except for the semi finals and grandfinals,
which will take place on Sunday
● Saturday start time is 12:PM AST, Sunday is also 12PM AST.
● Profile names must exactly match the names presented during team registration. However, clan tags may be added to the front of each name if desired.
● All team captains must join the “MLC” discord server. ( Server Coming Soon )
● All team captains must add the main admin (COMING SOON) on their friends list, in order to provide a method of private communication if necessary. The main admin will be identified in the MLC discord channel if it is not ( COMING SOON )
● All matches will be organized through the use of the chat channel in the discord. This is so that the admin can have access to discussion between teams if this becomes a dispute.
● Either team can create the lobby during the qualifiers. The team hosting the lobby must adjust the settings according to the rules and the outcome of the coin toss. Any team caught manipulating the settings of their favor will be disqualified from the tournament..
● Teams have a maximum of 15 minutes from the availability of their match. If they are not ready to start their match at 15 minutes they forfeit game one, at thirty minutes they forfeit game 2.
● Flaming or being disrespectful in chat is not allowed. Any team doing so will be told once to cease chatting in all chat, after that any further discussion in all chat by the warned team will be followed with a DQ (exceptions being asking for pauses, and
anything else of that nature)
● Following the conclusion of the game, the winning team must report the results to the head admin so they may update the bracket.
● If there is a problem with inaccurate reporting, the admin must be notified and they will fix the inaccuracies in the bracket.
● Any complaints, and subsequent evidence, against another team in the tournament must be sent to the admin in a private message through the client, or through an e-mail provided by the admin.
Each team must select a single player as team captain. Captains are the point of contact between the team and tournament officials. In addition to their normal player responsibilities, the team captain also needs to:
● Communicate with the tournament officials on behalf of the team
● Communicate with other teams on behalf of the team
● Act as the final authority for team decisions during the tournament
● Communicate all required information to the entire team
● Accurately represent the opinions of the team as a whole
● Once a tournament’s in progress, team captains can only be changed at the discretion of the referees, usually only in the case that the captain can no longer participate in the tournament.
● Each team captain shall verify that every player on his/her team has finalized their intended game settings (including runes, masteries, controls, and GUI settings) before the game starts. Any error in verification is not grounds for a game restart after game starts.
● All games will be played in 5v5 matches on Summoner’s Rift.
● Any champion with a major rework or any champion released within 1 week of the event will not be enabled during the tournament. If there is any confusion please contact the tournament admin.
● Games must be created in tournament draft mode. If the game starts and it is not in tournament draft mode then both teams forfeit any right to pause the game or redo.
● Spectators are only to be enabled if both teams permit it. Or if that game is being streamed.
● Substitution of players must follow the following rules
○ Have not played for any other team during the tournament.
○ Must be of equal or lesser ranking than the person they are replacing if they are not on the official sub roster. (Example being a Plat 3 player may not replace a Gold 5 player)
● Games are to be played to completion on the day they are scheduled to take place. There are no reschedules permitted.
● If special circumstances present themselves, the admin will give a ruling to the affected team(s).
Stoppage of Play Rules
● Pauses are to be preceded with some variation of “pp” in all chat.
● Immediately after the pause, a member of the pausing team must explain the reason as to why the game has been paused.
● Any evidence of a team pausing the game to earn a strategic advantage will earn the team in question an immediate disqualification.
● If a disconnect occurs before First Blood or 5:00 after the match starts, a remake is permitted. If First Blood is determined or the 5:00 mark has passed, the game may not be remade.
● Once one of the conditions preventing a remake have been met, disconnects should be met with an immediate stoppage of the game.
● Teams may have the game paused only in the event of a disconnect and/or computer failure.
● Teams may only keep the game paused for a maximum of 15 minutes total in any given match.
● If the 15 minute mark has passed and the disconnected player has not returned, the affected team has the option of continuing the game 4v5, or forfeiting the game.
● In case of server failure, the Tournament Administrator will determine the next course of action.
● The tournament admin has the final say on all rulings and calls, including situations not covered in these rules. The admin will make these calls in the interest of fair play and they are to be respected
● Any evidence of member or teams flaming that admin because of a call can be met with a DQ from the event/further events. All our organizers are volunteers and are trying their best to run a fair and fun tournament, not to be flamed for their actions.their best to run a fair and fun tournament, not to be flamed for their actions.