Players must register as BYOC (Bring Your Own Computer) to compete in DotA 2.
A bracketing system will be provided a month before the tournament.
Every captain will receive access to a Google Sheet that will outline the following:
- Your brackets
- Your game times
- Your opponents and their seating arrangement
- Instructions on hosting lobby and coin flips
- Ways to contact Admin in case of issue
This spreadsheet will be updated through the tournament and will contain all necessary information, excluding the game rules outlined below.
DotA 2 Administrative Rules
- All captains must have a means to contact the admin throughout the event. Preferably by texting over cellphone. If you do not have a cell phone, please let us know and we can accomodate.
- When you arrive and set up, please make sure you have power, internet and are able to join a DOTA 2 game. You can do this by joining a custom game. We have had issues in the past where the tournament was held back by one individual who was not connected to the internet before start time.
- Steam Profile names may change during gameplay. Please let the admin know so they can keep track of each player.
- Our games will be casted, sometimes on the official Frag For Cancer’s Twitch page. Please refrain from using profanity in the game chat. Also please be civil during gameplay. Severe actions may be taken against individuals who don’t follow this rule.
- Games will be played on the Patch that is running at the time. If a new patch is released during the tournament, we will have to resume gameplay on the new patch since we have no control over this issue.
- All games will be played on Captains Mode. Any hero not available in Captain’s Mode will be unavailable for selection.
- Players may be changed in between games, so long as the player in question is registered as a member of the team as a substitute.
- Games are to be played to completion on the day they are scheduled to take place. There are no reschedules permitted.
- If special circumstances present themselves, the admin will give a ruling to the affected team(s).
- Players who are disqualified prior to the start of a Game will not be allowed to play in the Game. Players who are disqualified during a Game must quit out of the Game. Players who are disqualified won’t receive any benefits (seeding, prize, etc.) for their ranking in the Event. Such Players may also be subject to a Temporary Ban from future FFC events.
- If a Player fails to report to in game lobby within 15 minutes of their Match’s scheduled start time (Grace Period), they will Forfeit the 1st Game. If a Player fails to report to their Station within 30 minutes of their Match’s scheduled start time, they will Forfeit the Match.
- If there is a problem with inaccurate reporting, the admin must be notified and they will fix the inaccuracies in the bracket.
- Any complaints, and subsequent evidence, against another team in the tournament must be sent to the admin in a timely manner.
Dota 2 Stoppage of Play Rules
- Pauses are to be preceded with some variation of “pp” in all chat.
- Immediately after the pause, a member of the pausing team must explain the reason as to why the game has been paused.
- Any evidence of a team pausing the game to earn a strategic advantage will earn the team in question an immediate disqualification.
- A remake of a game may only occur if the game is stopped before the 5:00 minute mark (not counting the 1:30 minute pre-game timer), first blood has not been earned, and Roshan has not been killed.
- If Roshan is slain, First Blood is determined or the 5:00 mark has passed, the game may not be remade.
- Teams may have the game paused only in the event of a disconnect and/or computer failure.
- Teams may only keep the game paused for a maximum of 15 minutes total in any given match.
- If the 15 minute mark has passed and the disconnected player has not returned, the affected team has the option of continuing the game 4v5, or forfeiting the game.
- In the case of a Steam Server failure, the Tournament Administrator will determine the next course of action.